Articles are words that define a noun as specific or unspecific which may be a person, place, object, or idea.Tags: English Grammar
Definite Article : the
Indefinite Articles : a, an
Examples: an onion, a car, a pen, a man, an apple, the sun, the earth, the Ganges.
Articles MCQ Test
English Grammar Article Quiz
Test 1 : Give Test 1
Test 2 : Give Test 2
Test 3 : Give Test 3
Test 4 : Give Test 4
Test 5 : Give Test 5
- “a” is used for countable (singular) nouns starting with a consonant or a vowel which sounds like consonant.
- “an” is used for countable (singular) nouns starting with a vowel or consonant that sounds like vowel
- Before a countable noun which refers to major group of things.
- For expression of quantities and expression of numbers like a lot,a few, a dozen, a million, a thousand, etc.
- For a name of some profession for example an engineer, a doctor, etc.
- Before a noun in exclamatory sentences for example What a day it was !
- Cannot be used before uncountable nouns for example milk, water, etc.
- “The” is used for both singular and plural nouns.
- Used for the names of the organizations for example the WHO.
- Used in superlatives degrees for example the best, the most, etc.
- Use THE with nouns modified by ranking or ordering expressions such as “the first”, “the second”, “the next”, “the last”,etc.
- We use article “the” when we talk about something more certain for example the dog.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by eywiah.com